The Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 3 project is a USAID funded project addressing HIV in Kano, Jigawa, Bauchi, Yobe, Borno and Adamawa States Nigeria by providing HIV prevention, care and treatment services. It is run from 2020 to 2022.
We are part of a consortium working with Chemonics, an international development firm, to implement the project. The objectives are to,
- Employ a targeted testing approach to identify people living with HIV and link them to treatment.
- Ensure that clients enrolled for HIV care and treatment consistently access the services provided and adhere to their medications.
- Achieve suppression of viral load (number of viruses in clients).
- Supporting the strengthening of laboratories for quality diagnosis of HIV and tuberculosis
- Building the capacity of state and local government areas for sustainable response to HIV/AIDS
- Offer specialized HIV services to key population (e.g. Men who have Sex with Men, sex workers and People who Inject Drug).
- Increase the capacity of the Government of Nigeria to expand, oversee and finance HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis services