The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a Revolutionary Program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
The Chief Of Party
Opening Date: 11th /04/2022
Closing Date: 25th /04/2022
The Research Coordinator will review and comprehend the study protocol. S/he will assist the Principal Investigator (PI) in preparation of any modifications to the scientific protocol in accordance with IRB regulations and sponsor’s policies and procedures. S/he will attend investigator meetings as required or requested by the PI. Work with the PI to prepare IRB and any other regulatory submission documents as required by the protocol.
- Work with the PI and study team members to manage the day to day activities of the study including problem solving, communication and protocol management.
- Work closely with the Data Assistant to ensure completeness of data collected from the participating centers.
- Work closely with other Field or Research Staff to ensure proper research implementation
- Assists the PI in developing interviews and focus group discussion guides according to the objectives of the study.
- Coordinate the identification of participants for the interviews and focus group discussions across the different centers.
- Conducts or facilitates focus group discussion across the participating centers.
- Ensures timely transcription and analysis of recorded transcripts.
- Ensures timely completion of Case Report Forms.
- Maintains study timelines.
- Maintains inventory of study supplies.
- Retains all study records in accordance with sponsor requirements.
- Arranges secure storage of study documents that will be maintained according to study protocol or for the contracted length of time, whichever is longer.
- Design close out and possible sustainability plans where necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- An academically-oriented individual with interest in Research, Research Education and Research Administration.
- A Masters’ degree (e.g. MPH or MSc in public health, epidemiology, implementation science, or other grant-relevant field). PHD will be an advantage
- At least three years of experience in coordinating a research or research training project
- Experience in the development of general educational and research curricula.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.