The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Action to Control HIV Epidemic through Evidence (ACHIEVE) funded by the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a 5- year project currently implemented in FCT, Nasarawa, Katsina and Rivers States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
The Monitoring and Evaluation unit is responsible for the collection, collation, reporting and use of data within the ACHIEVE program. The unit is also responsible for generating high quality data, implementing M&E processes at all levels and collaborating with relevant stakeholders to support IHVN’s public health interventions at the central, facility and community levels.
The role of the Program Assistant, Strategic Information will be to assist in the implementation of M&E processes at the different levels within the state.
Program Assistant, Strategic Information
Strategic Information State Lead
Opening Date: 7th January 2022
Closing Date: 21st January 2022
S/He will assist in the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the state to ensure program targets are met. Implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels. Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program. Promote health system strengthening activities at all levels. Collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Collate site level indicator reports and ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of data reported.
- Ensure complete and consistent reporting on DHIS.
- Ensure compliance of sites / regions to reporting timelines and reporting lines.
- Ensure all program reports received from sites and CBOs/NGOs within the state are complete and correct and properly archived.
- Ensure the availability and utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement.
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Participate in site monitoring, supervision and mentoring.
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show state/site progress towards achieving set targets.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at IHVN supported sites and generate reports.
- Maintain site information data and site list for the state.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of Electronic Medical Records system implemented at site.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly data export from EMR at site level for onward submission to the next level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the State SI Officer.
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, natural and social sciences, statistics and epidemiology. Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field.
- Experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs; experience working with HIV/AIDS prevention and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable.
- Experience with the PEPFAR SI system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Data management and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications
- Team player and goal oriented
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.