The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, research, capacity building, and care and support services.
Strengthening Global Health Security Agenda in Nigeria (SECURE-Nigeria), a project with funding support from US-CDC, will support systematic implementation of both broad-based and disease specific Infection Prevention Control (IPC) intervention critical to prevent transmission of emerging infectious diseases, including respiratory pathogens such as COVID-19 and tuberculosis.
SECURE-Nigeria will build upon existing IPC activities and capacities to enhance health system preparedness through strengthening IPC interventions and programs by leveraging on PEPFAR supported facilities. This project will enhance health system preparedness for future pandemics by building sustainable, broad-based IPC capacity, using PEPFAR supported facilities as a model organizations.
Position: Site Implementation Assistant (ADHOC)
Location: FCT/Nasarawa State
Immediate Supervisor/Reports to: Program Officer IPC&QI & Project Director SECURE-Nigeria
Scheduled Work Times: Monday – Friday (flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
The Site Implementation Assistant will be responsible for maintaining hospital/site level documentation register for all project related activity, compiling all site level indicator for reporting and assisting the facility IPC Focal Person to document and track process indicators for all facility level IPC interventions.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Compile and gather data for processing and entering into databases.
- Support the Facility Focal Person to conduct facility IPC assessment.
- Enter all IPC related activities into the relevant registers.
- Collate and report all site-level IPC indicators for reporting.
- Support sample collection and linkage services.
- Maintain of all site based project registers.
- Work closely with IPC Program Officer and Facility IPC Focal Persons to track IPC specific interventions.
- Ensure all samples are collected following triaging for COVID-19, TB and other respiratory pathogens.
- BSc or its equivalent in any field.
- Age: between 20-35 years of age.
- Must be result oriented with ability to pay attention to details and set priorities
- Ability to perform multiple challenging tasks with minimum supervision.
- Exhibit good interpersonal relationship, written and oral communications skills and team player.
- Knowledge of MS word, Excel, Power Point and Internet.
- Should have effective time management skills meeting timelines.
- Ability to predict and identify potential problems, take corrective/preventive actions.
- Should be flexible and ready to learn.
Opening Date: 17th November, 2020.
Closing Date: 1st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.