RFP Ref.: 2020/09/07
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading local non-governmental organization implementing HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria, Research and non-communicable disease projects in Nigeria through the development of infrastructure for treatment, care, prevention, and support for people living with and those affected by these diseases.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) was established in 2004 as a local organization to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in Nigeria through the development of infrastructure for treatment, care, prevention, and support for people living with and those affected by HIV/AIDS but has now expanded its services to other infectious diseases of TB and malaria, including cancers. IHVN is structured to develop and maintain linkages with local and international organizations in collaborative ways that support the Government of Nigeria’s health sector strategic plans. IHVN key technical and funding partners are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
3.Purpose of RFB : The purpose of this Request for Proposals (RFP) is to enter into a contractual agreement with a successful bidder and select a suitable contractor to carry out the following work: clearing services of IHVN internationally procured supplies, from air and sea ports in Nigeria.
IHVN is an Organization that is dependent on the budgetary and extra-budgetary contributions it receives from it funders for the implementation of its activities. Bidders are, therefore, requested to propose the best and most cost-effective solution to meet IHVN requirements, while ensuring a high level of service.
4. Request for Proposal and Bidding
IHVN is soliciting for interests from reputable service providers, suppliers and organizations with relevant experience in carrying out services listed above during the project implementation period.
To be eligible to participate in the bidding process, interested organization are required to provide the following information:
– Company Profile
– Evidence of company registration (certificate of incorporation of the company – CAC)
– All Bidders must include copies of tax clearance certificates for the past three years.
– Certificate True Copy of Memorandum and Article of Association with Corporate Affairs Commission.
– Verifiable evidence of completing similar jobs successfully in the last 3 years, hands-on experience with relevant certifications.
– Expert knowledge and demonstrable working experience IDEC processing.
– Technical and human resource capacity to large number of shipment clearing within agreed timelines
– Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
– Bank Reference Letter
– Bank guarantee or insurance bond prior to request for advance payment from the sum of N2.5m and above
– Bidders must show proof of DUNS certification or the bid will be disqualified
– Current Customs Agency licence
– Current customs C30 to operate in Abuja Airport and Lagos Air and Seaports
– Nigeria Ports Authority [NPA] permit for 2020
– Evidence of Office locations in Abuja and Lagos and must be verifiable
– Evidence of service to at least three international NGO
– Membership of at least two professional bodies in freight-forwarding business
– Evidence of Goods in-transit Insurance with annual value of minimum of N250 million and N25 million per carriage
5. Submission Requirements
– All bids must be in ink or type written; submission in pencil will not be accepted.
– Cost Proposal: IHVN desires that bidders provide bid formatted in the templates in Annex 7. Bids must be in Naira.
– Delivery Information: Delivery period should be stated in line with the expected project performance period
– Bid must be in Company’s Letter head, duly signed and stamped by an authorized company representative
– Bid Validity Period must be mentioned and not less than 120 Days.
– Any quote with percentage/calculation error will be disqualified at the tender meeting.
The agent shall clear and deliver consignments 1×20; 1×40 containers and consolidated cargoes within 10 working days of receipt of all approved clearance documentation from the consignee, excluding periods of port congestion.
7. Award Criteria
Prior to expiration of the period of Bid validity, IHVN shall award the contract to the qualified and eligible Bidder that is found to be responsive to the requirements of the Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specification, and has offered the lowest price or the most reasonable price.
8. Payment schedule
Payment by IHVN will be in accordance with IHVN procurement standard operating procedures, and would be
completed following certification of work done by designated IHVN representatives.
Proposal which must reach us within fifteen (15) working days from the date of this publication should have the RFP Reference written on the “Top Left Hand Corner” of the envelope.
10. Bid Start Date and Bid Deadline:
– Funding Agency : GF PPM Grant
– Bid Start Date/Time :09/09/2020 8:00AM
– Bid Deadline Date/Time :29/09/2020 10:00AM
– IHVN contact person : Supply Chain Management Department
– IHVN Technical person on project : SCM Officer
All interested bidders can download the BID documents from the attached annexes;
RFP Document CLEARING AGENT
CLEARING CHARGES 01 Template
Annex 7 RFO 2020 09 01 Clearing and Haulage Costing
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Pent House, Maina Court
Plot 252, Herbert Macaulay Way
Central Business District
P.O. Box 9396, Garki, Abuja-NIGERIA
Tel: +234 (0) 9 4610342, 4610341, 0806 908 5656 Fax: +234 Ext. 4025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org