The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
As a Principal Recipient of the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant for TB (PPM), IHVN is leading TB service expansion in the private sector in Nigeria, working with hospitals and community-based entities in 21 States, in addition to providing technical support to the National TB and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) on TB diagnostic infrastructure in Nigeria.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in TB care and treatment in the private sector, IHVN is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following position:
|TB-LON 3 Project HQ
Opening date: 25/08/2023
Closing date: 08/09/2023
- Perform office support tasks such as making needed arrangements for services for telephone and e-mail, overseeing office cleaning and maintenance activities (Maintenance of Office infrastructure, general equipment, furniture, store, etc.).
- Supervision of transport unit and office motor vehicles, ensuring vehicle checklist is filled every week.
- Requisition for and distribution of office supplies.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes and reports.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for staff at the state.
- Regular updates and maintenance of the Regional Asset Register, including tagging of office and site assets.
- Liaise with Asset Management Officer at the Central Office monthly for updates on assets procured or brought in from the GHLI warehouse.
- Track and reconcile physical assets delivered to various health facilities and regional and state offices.
- Quarterly visits for troubleshooting and reconfirmation of assets previously captured and updated.
- Secure approval for the movement of Assets from one location to another.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with good MS package proficiency (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must have good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational and team targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal-oriented with the ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time, and practice critical thinking.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
Education and experience:
- A University degree in any field. A degree in Administration will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of work experience in the related field in the development sector.
- Must be familiar with the broad range of TB and TBHIV terminologies and projects.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.