The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis (TB) in the country, IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the position for the DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INFORMATION (DSI) TB LON 3
The Director of Strategic Information (DSI) will be the lead technical expert responsible for all Strategic Information aspects of the activity, including monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results of the project. S/he will lead efforts to ensure accurate and timely performance reporting for the activities in the project. Promote health system strengthening activities at all levels. Collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates (Internal and External)
POSITION: Director of Strategic Information (DSI) TB LON 3
OPENING DATE: May 10, 2021
CLOSING DATE: May 24, 2021
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics, or a related field is required.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in programs designing, establishing, and managing M&E systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programs.
- Experience with the USAID and Global Funds Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The DSI will have a working knowledge of Nigeria’s health service information systems and M&E processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting, with understanding, experience and competency in working with community-led organizations.
- The DSI will be skilled in the development and use of data/data analytics to aid program decision making, with demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems.
- S/he will have the ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- S/he will be able to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats/visualizations.
- Proficiency in the use of Tableau, Power BI, and Think-Cell.
- S/he will have knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of USG funded monitoring and evaluation programmes.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work during weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The DSI will:
- Oversee all Strategic Information (SI) activities for the grant across supported States.
- Support community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their TB services and activities and ensure data quality.
- Liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and LGA level SI function
- Ensure monitoring, evaluation and coordination with national data systems.
- Provide technical guidance to state team on monitoring, evaluation and learning processes including the development of performance indicators, setting annual targets, monitoring project progress against annual targets, ensuring timely data collection, generating quarterly and annual reports.
- Participate in health system strengthening activities.
- Oversee the development and periodic review of program reporting protocols.
- Develop indicator matrices in line with indicator requirements for the project.
- Oversee the generation of all program reports including USAID quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual progress reports.
- Oversee the development of performance monitoring plans for the project.
- Ensure the institutionalization of data demand and use within the state program through the use of gap analyses, run charts and site fact sheets
- Represent the organization at meetings with funders, Government of Nigeria(GON) and other stakeholders on M&E related matters.
- Provide strategic technical assistance to the government agencies and wider State response on theories, strategies and approaches for monitoring and evaluation at the State level.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]