The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the position of for the FINANCE ASSISTANT USAID Tuberculosis Local Organization Network (TB-LON) Project.
The Finance Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON) will assist in management of Accounts payable and receivable functions such as preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, journal vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, and entering financial records in the organization’s accounting software.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Officer, S/he will provide direct support to the program implementation team and operations on the general management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates (Internal & external)
POSITION: Finance Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON)
LOCATION: Oyo, Ogun and Osun
OPENING DATE: 29th April 2020
CLOSING DATE: 12th May 2020
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Finance Officer
- Possession of a B.Sc in Accountancy or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy. Membership or part certification in professional association i.e. ICAN, ACCA or recognized equivalent will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on experiecne in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicants should be Abile to work independently with minimal supervision and under pressure;
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication;
- Ability to relate with subordinates, colleagues and superiors
- Innovative with sound mind
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining financial records in Sage 300
- Administration of payments (Preparation of payment vouchers, transfer instructions, etc.)
- Maintenance of cash books
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements
- Preparation and capturing of monthly journal vouchers for the reports of Sub Recipients and other implementing partners
- Custody of cheques books, vouchers/support documents and transfer instructions to bank(s)
- Proper filling (& custodian) of retirements and support documents of treatment centres & laboratories and other implementing partners on a monthly basis
- Remittance of WHT and other statutory deductions on a monthly basis
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.