The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Position:||Finance Officer (Global Fund)|
|Immediate Supervisor:||Senior Finance Officer|
Opening Date: 27th April 2023
Closing Date: 11th May 2023
The Finance Officer (Global Fund) will assist in the Institute-wide management of the Global Fund Operations’ Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, S/he will work independently to provide direct support to the Global Fund program implementation team and operations on the general management of the Global Funds Grant with particular reference to the finances by; coordinating all aspects of financial management including but not limited to routine financial operations, financial reporting, and budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, sites and regions. Reviewing of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds also falls under his/her scope of duties.
Education and Experience
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Higher National Diploma in Accountancy; and a full Professional Accounting qualification of either ACA, ACCA, or CPA is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on, comparable professional experience that covers audit, finance & accounting services, and financial management.
- At least three years prior experience managing program budget and finances according to The Global Fund guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open.
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative and innovative. Must be a team builder and adaptable
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer applications (Microsoft Office etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Fluency in written and oral communication;
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Should also be prepared for occasional traveling outside his/her base at Abuja
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in facilitating the implementation of IHVN’s sub-recipient financial management policy for the Global Fund program; ensure that staff understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Assist in providing direct technical support in all aspects of finance, compliance and internal controls for Sub-recipient and sub/sub-recipients
- Assist in monitoring the Grants expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the reporting period
- Daily supervision of Sage 300 (ACCPAC) Data capture and processes, ensuring validation of transactions and other activities on the system;
- Review of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds grants; and ensuring timely disbursements to sites, regional offices, and Sub-Recipients;
- Review quarterly financial reports from the implementing Sub-Recipients under the Global Fund grant and ensure timely resolution/closure of all identified gaps in the SRs financial reports.
- Assist in providing financial inputs for budget development, Management policies, travel, and other areas of administration
- Assist in the Preparation of monthly Grant Budget/Actual reports with variance analysis and Budget burn rates for review by the Senior Finance Manager and final approval by the Finance & Admin. Director
- Prepare the annual Global Fund Special Purpose Grant Financial Statements (SPGFS) for review by GF External auditors
- Prepare the Institute’s annual year-end reports to be used during the annual statutory year-end audit
- Provide support in liaising with all Global fund external reviewers from time to time
- Provide support in supervising programmes budgets follow-up, including grant budgets using relevant reports to identify relevant / expected implementation discrepancies
- Maintenance of the general ledger of the accounting software – SAGE 300 (ACCPAC), ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Coordinating and ensuring preparation and review of all bank reconciliation statements for all across Regional and State Offices, including Head office;
- Provide support in coordinating and supervising the financial activities of sub-recipients of The Global Fund grants
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor and Director of Finance & Admin.
Mode of Application
- Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft Word format should be forwarded to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. IHVN is an equal-opportunity employer.