The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further uphold our commitment to providing healthcare & research, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Position||Grants & Contracts Officer|
|Reports to:||Senior Grants & Contracts Officer|
|Location:||Central Office, Abuja|
Opening Date: 18/08/2023
Closing Date: 01/09/2023
- Interpretation of funding/ application guidelines: RFA, RFQ, FOA, NOFO.
- Meeting with relevant stakeholders towards full participation in writing grant proposals, response to RFPs/FOAs, and completing application forms in the Grants.gov and ASSIST applications.
- Post-award responsibilities include preparing LOAs and MOUs for partners’/Treatment sites and stakeholders and reviewing contract sub-awards/ subcontracts, including the scope of work, budget, modifications, prior award expenditures, extensions, Addenda to MOU/LOA/Agreement.
- Preparation and review of Sub-partner financial submissions for conformity with funding guidelines.
- Preparation of Budget submissions for Grant proposals in line with best financial practices and budgetary principles.
- Development of funding dynamics for budget submissions of Sub-partners, consultants, contractors, and service delivery facilities.
- Orientation and mentoring of Regional, State office, and Health facility staff concerning the interpretation of the contents of the LOA, such as Scope of work, activities, responsibilities, reporting, terms of agreements, certifications, budgets, etc., as indicated in the LOAs/MOUs.
- Liaise with Regional/State staff on one hand and partners and health facilities on another on all matters concerning the Grant and the existing relationships.
- Proper documentation of correspondence, maintenance, and tracking LOAs, MOU, and Budgets.
- Attend to the external auditors’ requests regarding Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with our funding partners, and Letters of Agreement with implementing partners.
- Preparation and collation of Monthly Spend plan and Work plan and Burn-rate analysis.
- Post-award responsibilities include reviewing all grants and contract sub-awards/ subcontracts, including the scope of work, budget, modifications, prior award expenditures, and extensions.
- Assist Senior Grants & Contracts Officer in implementing grants policies and co-ordinate various grants activities effectively.
- Other cross-cutting activities across several Prime and Sub Grants.
Educational qualifications and skill requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, and Business.
- Computer literacy – strong Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills. Microsoft Access skills are an added advantage.
- Possessing a professional degree such as MBA (Finance Management) or a professional certification such as ACA, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience, including 3 years of Grants & Contracts Management experience in a Non-Governmental Organization.
- Must have completed NYSC service and four or more years of working experience required.
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
All applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- This advert closes 14 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.