The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, COVID-19, cancer and other non-communicable diseases through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To advance research on anal cancer screening research in vulnerable populations living with or at high risk of HIV in Nigeria, through the IMPACT study, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the following position:
|Position:||IMPACT Study Nurse|
|Job Type:||Temporary position. This is a 2-year contract.|
|Job Location:||TRUST clinic, Abuja|
|Reporting:||Head of the Trust Clinic and the Principal Investigators of the IMPACT study|
Opening Date: 29/09/2022
Closing Date: 14/10/2022
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gently communicate with vulnerable patients and educating them about the pathogenesis of human papillomavirus (HPV), the risk of contracting anal cancer, and the options for prevention and treatment discussing the procedure.
- Prepare all necessary materials/sample collection vials prior to anal cancer screening and treatment visit.
- Routinely take the stock level of screening reagents and consumables needed and work with site manager to update the store data page on the REDCap and procure needed materials in advance of patient visits.
- Develop positive rapport with patients by engaging in open dialogue to put them at ease during the procedure.
- Prepare patients for treatment and assist the study physician with the timing, screening and treatment procedures, and labelling of samples.
- Document cases in the logbook on RedCap including notes about the procedure and impressions.
- Oversee transport of biopsies and swabs to the laboratory.
- Follow up with the patient after treatment to assess health and well-being.
- Escort the client after screening to the next unit of contact.
- Engage with the study and implementation science teams to improve the development of the program.
- Participate in weekly and biweekly IMPACT Local and International meetings respectively.
- Must possess a Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (BNSc). Post graduate qualification/Masters level training in Public Health or Epidemiology is an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Nursing & Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- At least 1 year experience with HIV clinical care and training.
- Previous experience in HIV-related, implementation science, or cancer research is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance in HIV clinical care and service delivery amongst vulnerable population will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- MS office – high proficiency.
- RedCap – intermediate proficiency.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume or Curriculum Vitale and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.