The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
|Position||Logistics and Supply Chain Officer|
|Department||Supply Chain Management|
|Reports to||Head of Procurement/SCM|
Opening Date: 25th May 2022
Closing Date: 8th June 2022
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) department of IHVN is charged with the responsibility of executing procurement of goods and services, coordinates all supply chain-related activities within the institute, and by extension, oversees the operation of Third-Party Logistic Companies (3PL).
The department procures, warehouses, and delivers health commodities, strengthens national supply chain systems, and provides standard logistics support to ensure an uninterrupted supply of health products.
IHVN has the sole responsibility of coordinating and providing oversight to these vendors, which requires a full-time staff to perform the role of planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as warehousing, inventory management, distribution, and freight management among other tasks.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of Third Party Logistic Companies’ performance.
- Interface with clearing agents and freight forwarders to ensure timely clearing of shipments.
- Assist in coordinating the activities of the warehouse inspection committee
- Carry out routine and ad hoc warehouse visits to monitor and promote proper storage practices and conditions of commodities
- Support accurate inventory management and related record keeping.
- Contribute towards the development of logistics plans and ensure compliance with wider logistics policies and standards.
- Collect and analyze logistics data i.e. inventory, distribution, consumption data and report on selected performance indicators to recommend actions to the supervisor to improve the performance of the 3PL operations.
- Assist in reviewing the 3PL monthly stock status reports and advice as appropriate
- Daily logistics progress, monitoring, supervision, and internal cost control
- Application for logistics documents and certificates i.e. IDEC and NAFDAC permits
- Follow up on the distribution of both health and non-health commodities;
- Prepare updates on shipment deliveries schedule
- Comprehensive management and strategic planning in carrying out all related logistics activities in accordance with Institute’s needs.
- Development of shipment tracker
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, distribution times, and efficiency
- Checking data accuracy in distribution plans, PODs, and invoices.
- Develop weekly reports and send them to the supervisor.
- Any other tasks as assigned
Standard Minimum Qualification
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Transport Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Management or other related fields with 5 years of related work experience; advanced degree/diploma in supply chain management, professional certifications, and/or training/courses will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.