The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) is a reputable and esteemed non-governmental organization that provides care and support services, research, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and capacity building for infectious and non-infectious diseases like HIV, TB, and cancer. IHVN collaborates with national, state and local governments in Nigeria as well as with regional and worldwide organizations. The ACTION to Sustain Precision and Integrated HIV Response towards Epidemic Control (ASPIRE) project is implemented by IHVN with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the US Centres for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) to reduce mortality of people living with HIV (PLHIV) by providing HIV testing services; Strengthening laboratory capacity to achieve quality and sustained clinical management for HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, SAR-COV 2 and non-communicable disease (NCDs).
IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Program Assistant Clinical Lab-Quality Management
|State Laboratory Lead, State Manager, QMS HoU and HOD Laboratory
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
Opening Date: 17/01/2024
Closing Date: 30/01/2024
The Program Assistant Clinical Laboratory-QMS will provide technical and programmatic assistance to support facilities in the State. Specifically work with facilities to implement accreditation preparedness and QMS. He/she will work with Tier leads, Cluster teams and SLOs to implement laboratory continuous quality improvement activities and ensure laboratory program targets are met and report and reported accordingly.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the State Laboratory Lead, HoU lab QMS and HoD Laboratory, the Program Assistant Clinical lab -QMS will provide technical support, mitigation, monitoring, and evaluation., at the state level to implement high-quality laboratory program activities with a primary focus on laboratory technical areas of comprehensive HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, COVID-19 and NCDs program deliverables.
- Provide technical support, mitigation, supervision, and monitoring of laboratory field operations in the state.
- Work with facility QA officers/ESM leads to monitor the quality of laboratory operations and testing in supported facilities.
- Track the implementation of a Laboratory Quality Management System (LQMS)
- Assist facility staff in overseeing day-to-day laboratory operations to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies and ISO 15189 standards.
- Support the QA officers to design and implement oversight practices, such as testing, inspections, working with site officers and state teams to prepare the labs for accreditation.
- Prepare detailed reports for the unit and tracking return of EQA reports from facilities.
- Collate, review and report facility reports (site visits, monthly/quarterly narrative, data, mentoring and supervision, etc.)
- Ensure timely submission of laboratory deliverables and reports to the HQ.
- Maintain effective communication with the IHVN Headquarters Laboratory department.
- Perform every other duty necessary for the successful implementation of laboratory activities.
- Core requirements:
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds and in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Proficiency in Ms. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic to deliver quality work on time.
- High impact influencing and persuasive skills, and able to represent the organization to donors and other stakeholders.
- B. Sc Degree or degree in Medical Laboratory Science (B.MLS or AIMLS)
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Have at least 2 years’ working experience working in the lab.
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery.
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals in assigned geographical areas within the State.
- Previous experience in HIV program implementation, especially laboratory field activities, and Quality assurance is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
- This advert closes 14 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.