The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened.
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
|Position||Program Assistant, S.I TB LON 3|
|Scheduled work time||Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)|
|Location||IHVN – Lagos Regional Office|
|Reports to||Director, Strategic Information TB LON 3|
Opening Date: 9th May 2023
Closing Date: 22nd May 2023
S/He will support the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met. Implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at different levels. Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program. Promote health system strengthening activities at all levels. Collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of data reported from the basic management unit to the next levels.
- Ensure complete and consistent reporting on all electronic platforms used in TB LON3 and the National Electronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS).
- Assist in the maintenance and support of all electronic platforms used in TB LON3 National Electronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS).
- Ensure compliance of facilities / LGA Tuberculosis Supervisors to reporting timelines and reporting lines.
- Ensure the availability and utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement.
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Participate in site monitoring, supervision and mentoring.
- Assist in generating regular gap analysis to show Facility, LGA, and State progress towards achieving set targets.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at supported facilities and generate reports.
- Maintain facility information data and facility list for the state.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Information TB LON 3
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, natural and social sciences, statistics and epidemiology. Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field.
- Experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Experience with Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs.
- Experience with the USAID Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- Data management and analysis skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications.
- Team player and goal oriented.
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- A good understanding of the USAID Strategic Information System.
Mode of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- The position applied for MUST be the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.