The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute aims to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further drive quality and engender global best practices in HIV and TB care and treatment, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Reports to:||Technical Lead/Project Director Rivers Surge Project|
Opening Date: 20th June 2023
Closing Date: 4th July 2023
Description and objectives
Under the supervision of the Project Director Rivers State Surge project, he/ she will ensure high-quality HIV and tuberculosis (TB) services in line with the 95-95-95 UNAIDS goal. She/He will provide technical expertise in implementing high-impact interventions to ensure quality service delivery across all program areas. She/He will lead the day-to-day implementation of all ART services in the assigned health facility and guide program implementation according to the National Treatment Guidelines.
- Performing Quality Improvement and program evaluation, monitoring, and administrative support
- Providing Quality of Care assessment and ensuring that patients in health facilities receive comprehensive care and treatment according to recommended guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bridging the “know-do gap” in the program implementation site across all thematic areas.
- Working with health facility staff and focal persons and colleagues to effectively address operational challenges (including service logistics, staffing shortages, training needs, and commodity supply)
- Identifying implementation bottlenecks across program areas at the site and proffer solutions
- Ensuring strong linkages within the ART program at the site level, e.g., between HIV Counseling Testing Areas and Clinic, Laboratory, and Clinic, referral between the PMTCT and the Adult Clinic, referral between TB and ART clinic
- Establishing measures to assess the impact of our program in the community.
- Provide on-site clinical training to healthcare workers on HIV treatment according to the National Guidelines for managing adult and pediatric ART, treatment of tuberculosis, and other opportunistic infections.
- Facilitating Quality Improvement projects, report writing and collation, and data analysis.
- Reporting all activities to the State Technical Leads, Program Area leads, and Director Prevention Care and Treatment Department.
- Carrying out any other duties/ assignments as directed by supervisors, program area leads, and the Director of the Prevention Care and Treatment Department.
Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- At least 3-5 years’ experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Must have at least two years’ experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care programs. Experience in the provision of HIV clinical training.
- Previous experience in HIV-related operational research is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of current trends and normative guidance (national and international) in HIV clinical care and service delivery
- Experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary HIV clinical teams for effective service delivery.
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals in assigned geographical areas within the State.
- Ability to communicate effectively and fluently in the English language (oral and written) and good inter and intrapersonal communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages, presentation skills, and video conferencing are required.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in program narrative and proposal writing, data evaluation, and excellent report writing.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Excellent persuasive skills, and good stakeholders’ management track record.
- Fundamental skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Must be proactive and deliver quality work on time.
- Be willing and able to work effectively in a team.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Must possess a degree in Medical Sciences (MBBS or equivalent).
- Postgraduate qualification/Master’s level training in Public Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, or Obstetrics will be an advantage.
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft Word format should be forwarded to the Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address:[email protected]