The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened.
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
|Program Officer, S.I TB LON 3
|Scheduled work time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|IHVN – Lagos Regional Office
|Director, Strategic Information TB LON 3
Opening Date: 9th May 2023
Closing Date: 22nd May 2023
S/He will provide technical support and oversight for the implementation of Strategic Information activities in the organization to ensure program targets are met. Implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data management processes from data collection, collation, reporting and use at different levels. Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program. Promote health system strengthening activities at all levels. Collaborate with the Government of Nigeria agencies to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Monitor data processes from collection, collation, analysis, reporting and use.
- Ensure completeness, correctness and consistency of all program reports.
- Provide guidance to state and facility staff on indicators, reporting and data quality issues.
- Support the routine use of data for decision making at supported States, LGAs and facilities through gap analyses and run charts.
- Participate in the development and periodic review of program reporting protocols.
- Ensure compliance of facilities, LGAs and States to reporting timelines.
- Participate in development of SOPs for Program Monitoring and Reporting.
- Participate in developing indicator matrices in line with indicator requirements
- Generation of all program reports.
- Participate in the generation of routine program reports and USAID quarterly, Semi-annual and Annual progress reports.
- Ensure all reports received from facilities/LGAs are archived.
- Prepare adhoc reports as required and requested.
- Ensure the utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and recording & reporting tools for consistency in measurement.
- Participate in the development of Performance Monitoring Plans and M&E plans.
- Participate in health system strengthening activities.
- Generate regular gap analysis to show program/ state progress towards achieving set targets.
- Ensure a proper feedback mechanism is put in place to ensure data quality of indicator reports.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessments at supported facilities, generate reports and track implementation of recommendations from the exercise.
- Participate in facility assessment and activation activities and provide technical support as required.
- Strengthen national reporting lines at supported facilities.
- Provide technical guidance on program indicators across all thematic units.
- Oversee data reporting on eTB Manager, GxAlert/Aspect and TB notification app.
- S/he will also support improved availability and use of monitoring, evaluation and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation, and policy advocacy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Information TB LON 3
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: Medicine, Pharmacy, Natural and Social sciences, Statistics, Public Health and Epidemiology. A master’s degree will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3 years working experience in relevant field.
- Experience in data collection, processing and use.
- Experience with Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs; experience working with Tuberculosis prevention, diagnosis and treatment and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- Knowledge of USG funded monitoring and evaluation programmes
- Knowledge of the reporting framework for Tuberculosis including indicator definitions
- Knowledge of the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme Recording and Reporting tools.
- Ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools, making recommendations based on findings.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications especially Excel and Access
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
Mode of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Assistant Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- The position applied for MUST be the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.