The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
As a Principal Recipient of the Global Fund Public-Private Mix grant for TB (PPM), IHVN is leading TB service expansion in the private sector in Nigeria, working with hospitals and community-based entities in 21 States, in addition to providing technical support to the National TB and Leprosy Control Program (NTBLCP) on TB diagnostic infrastructure in Nigeria.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in TB care and treatment in the private sector, IHVN is seeking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
|Job Position||Program Officer, TB|
|Unit||Global Fund TB|
|Job Location||Kano and Lagos|
Opening Date: 14/12/2022
Closing Date: 28/12/2022
- Quality of care assessment and ensuring that patients in all IHVN supported facilities receive high-quality comprehensive TB, TB/HIV and MDR TB care and treatment in line with WHO and National Guidelines in PEPFAR and Global Fund sites (TB/HIV, MDR-TB).
- Program facilitation for effectiveness and efficiency, facilitation of communication, collaboration, task sharing and teamwork among clinic staff of all sites.
- Provision of on-site clinical mentoring and technical assistance to clinic staff of all sites.
- Improvement of strong linkages between the PPM facilities and the TB Control program at the State and LGA level.
- To ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system.
- To support the project monitoring and evaluation team to ensure that high high-quality project data were collected and analyzed for informed decision making
- To perform quality improvement, program evaluation, monitoring and to render administrative support.
- Participation in meetings and other initiatives as assigned.
- To work with Sub-partner staff, government agencies at all levels, donor representatives, facility/site staff, focal persons and IHVN staff to effectively manage programmatic challenges.
- Act as liaison for community resources for patients, community and network within the hub and spoke model of the PPM implementation structure.
- To report all activities to the central office Senior Program Officer TB/HIV, Technical Advisor HIV/TB/MDR-TB and the Director/Head, Clinical Services Department.
- To adhere and abide by the ethics and code of conduct of the Institute.
- To carry out any other duties/ assignments as directed by the Director Clinical Services department.
Skills and Abilities:
Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills with proficiency in the computer programming – Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in data analysis, good inter and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet organizational targets/goals.
- Ability to evaluate data and prepare quality reports often under pressure and in complex situations.
- Being goal oriented with ability to plan and organize, make decisions, manage time and practice critical thinking.
Education: A University degree in Medicine. An MPH or additional master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience: A minimum of 3 – 5 years professional level experience managing public health and health delivery with emphasis on TBHIV, care and treatment. She/he must have experience working with PEPFAR or GF funded care and treatment program. Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and management of TB and TB/HIV program and private sector engagement is desirable.
Language Proficiency: English language (high proficiency in verbal and written expression)
Job Knowledge: Familiarity with the broad range of TB and TBHIV issues, understanding of the major issues affecting TBHIV with in-depth knowledge of the implementation of TBHIV programs in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Manager, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected] Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.