The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
IHVN Asaba Region is a sub-recipient (SR) to the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria(IHVN), the Principal Recipient of the Global Fund PPM TB Grant for engagement of private-for-profit health care providers in Anambra and Delta states. The grant aims at supporting the State TB and Leprosy Control program to find, treat and prevent TB in the State through the private health sector.
IHVN Asaba Region is involved in other national activities, these include GeneXpert Optimization and Expansion, Maintenance and Optimization of TB Reference laboratories, Maintenance, upgrade and activation of DR TB Treatment Centers, Quality Improvement of TB services through the NigeriaQual TB and Sample shipment for TB Diagnosis and Treatment Monitoring
|Job Title||Sample Movement Consultant: GF TB PPM Project|
|Job Locations:||Anambra, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross Rivers|
|Reports to:||Regional Laboratory Officer|
Opening Date: 24/08/2022
Closing Date: 07/09/2022
The Sample Movement Consultant will support the Public –Private Mix (PPM) implementation in the state with special focus on sample referral to ensure adequate documentation and monitoring.
- Ensure appropriate mapping of the hub and spoke model for the sample referral in the state
- Ensure the sample couriers apply the developed hub and spoke model in the sample referral process
- Review processes to ensure appropriate documentations are done in the correct documenting tools.
- Collate and review monthly sample referrals/result retrievals and process for timely request for funding of the couriers for uninterrupted sample referral and result retrieval in the states.
- Travel to supervise and monitor effectiveness of the sample referral process within the state.
- Submit monthly summary of sample movement as required by the Principal Recipient.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Regional Manager.
- Education: A University degree/HND in social sciences or any other field.
- A minimum of 1- 2 years’ relevant work experience with Development agencies
- Experience in TB program is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and writing skills
- Good team player
- Good knowledge of the State applied for
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite packages
- Result driven
- Strong analytical /problem solving skills
- Good planning/organizational skills
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.