The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
IHVN, through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB and HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Senior Compliance Officer
|Central Office/HQ (Abuja)
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance Unit
|TB Lead, HIV Lead, Program Management Team
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
The position entails regular financial and programmatic review visits to the sub-recipients’ offices. It involves routine visits to close out prior findings before the subsequent quarterly visits and supervisory visits to implementing sites to review supplies, consumables, commodities and other provisions made available for program implementation. It requires quarterly or bi-annual visits to IHVN regional offices for financial review.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance, the Senior Compliance Officer will lead the audit team’s visits to the SRs for quarterly financial and programmatic reviews.
- Lead the audit team visiting for financial and programmatic review
- Lead the preliminary and desk review before the visit
- Coordinate the report writing process
- Submit reports to the Manager on agreed terms and conditions
- Carry out a follow-up review
- Develop a tracker on every review and ensure every finding is closed
- Core requirements:
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Report writing skills
- Understanding of GF requirements, rules, policies and procedures
- Strong audit background in non-governmental organizations
- Ability to guide and train internal audit staff
- Education and Experience:
- Must possess a degree or HND in accounting or social sciences
- Possession of Postgraduate qualification/Masters will be an added advantage
- Membership of a professional body is a must- ICAN or ACCA
- At least 3-5 cognate experience in audit and NGO is a must
- Experience in GF and non-GF grants is a must.
- Willingness to be transferred to any other locations should be considered.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].