The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
|Position||Senior Data Analyst|
Opening Date: 7/06/2022
Closing Date: 21/06/2022
Duties and responsibilities
The duties of the Data Analyst (International Research Center of Excellence) include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing methodological support to IRCE researchers including planning of statistical methodology, sample size and power calculations and study design of protocols for research grants
- Providing a wide range of advanced statistical expertise, guidance, and support to IRCE researchers using Minitab, SPSS, STATA/ R etc.
- Participating in the design of research studies and in the reporting of research studies and clinical trials.
- Developing a data analysis plan with the principal investigators for research proposals or ongoing studies.
- Analyzing data according to the statistical analysis plan and provide result tables for reports, and manuscripts.
- Developing high quality graphics and contribute to scientific manuscript writing
- Using a variety of advanced statistical software, methods, and techniques to gather, analyze, and interpret research data to derive useful information for research data; advise and assist in the development of inferences and conclusions, as appropriate.
- Providing trainings for IRCE/IHVN staff on statistical analysis using novel statistical software.
- Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources
- Removing corrupted data and fixing coding errors and related problems
- Developing and maintaining databases, data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Performing routine data quality check in terms of consistency, timeliness, accuracy and completeness
- Organize/curate, manage, store and backup survey data
- Performing pre-data analysis task required in data cleaning
- Supporting training of data team on the use of mobile data technology (REDCap, ODK, etc.) for data collection
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge and mastery of statistical packages (Minitab, SPSS, STATA/ R)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Critical Thinking skills
- Data visualization skills
- Presentation skills
- A research-oriented individual with an interest in science and health project management
- Possess leadership skills
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other relevant health related fields with at least 7 years’ experience managing small to large data sets.
- An advanced degree MSc, MPH or PhD in epidemiology, statistics, public health or related field will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
- All Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The subject of the email should be the job position and full name of the applicant.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.