The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) has been involved in the Country Coordinating Mechanism and the Global Fund program since 2019.
To drive quality and engender global best practices in TB care and treatment, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Position||Senior Finance Officer GF|
|Reports to:||Senior Finance Manager|
Opening Date: 18/07/2023
Closing Date: 01/08/2023
The Finance Officer (Global Fund) will assist in the Institute-wide management of the Global Fund Operations’ Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, S/he will work independently to provide direct support to the Global Fund program implementation team and operations on the general management of the Global Funds Grant with particular reference to the finances by; coordinating all aspects of financial management including but not limited to routine financial operations, financial reporting, and budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, sites and regions. Reviewing of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds also falls under his/her scope of duties.
Experience, skills, and competencies
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on, comparable professional experience that covers audit, finance & accounting services and financial management.
- At least three years prior work experience in provision of advisory services & compliance to The Global Fund guidelines. Also, a sound knowledge of The Global Fund core guidelines for grant budgeting and financial reporting is mandatory
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open;
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative and innovative. Must be a team builder and adaptable
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP;
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Fluency in written and oral communication;
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Should also be prepared for occasional traveling outside his/her base at Abuja
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy. Professional Accounting qualification of either ACA, ACCA or CPA will be an added advantage
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
- This advert closes August 1, 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.