The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a comprehensive family-focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment program in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and site levels.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat Tuberculosis (TB) in the country, IHVN is sourcing for a suitably qualified dynamic candidate to fill the position for the SENIOR FINANCE OFFICER (GLOBAL FUNDS)
The Senior Finance Officer (Global Funds) will assist in the Institute-wide management of the Global Funds Operations’ Financial Processes, Reports, Budgeting and Budget controls including preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts and annual statutory financial statements.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager, S/he will work independently to provide direct support to the Global Fund program implementation team and operations on the general management of the Global Funds Grant with particular reference to the finances by; coordinating all aspects of financial management including but not limited to routine financial operations, financial reporting, and budgeting, budget controls, administering of finances to sub-recipients, sites and regions. Reviewing of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices for Global Funds also falls under his/her scope of duties.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates (Internal and External)
POSITION: Senior Finance Officer (Global Funds)
OPENING DATE: 3rd September 2020
CLOSING DATE: 17th September 2020
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Finance Manager
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Higher National Diploma in Accountancy; and a full Professional Accounting qualification of either ACA, ACCA or CPA is required.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on, comparable professional experience that covers audit, finance & accounting services and financial management.
- At least two years prior experience in managing program budget and finances according to The Global Fund guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a team builder and adaptable
- Must be self-starter with the ability to work in a team, dynamic, solid and open
- Good problem-solver, analytical, creative and innovative.
- Practical knowledge of financial systems, internal financial controls & procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc.)
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Fluency in written and oral communication
- Possess managerial and supervisory skills and should be able to multitask.
- Occasional traveling outside his base at Abuja may be required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and implement IHVN’s financial management policy for the Global Fund program; ensure that staff(s) understand and are correctly implementing the policy
- Provide direct technical support in all aspects of finance, compliance and internal controls for sub-recipient and sub/sub-recipients
- Monitor Grants expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of reporting period
- Daily supervision of Sage 300 (ACCPAC), data capture and processing, ensuring validation of transactions and other activities on the system
- Review of monthly financial reports from the regional and state offices under the Global Funds Grant; and ensure timely disbursements to sites, regional offices and Sub-Recipients
- Provide financial inputs for budget development, management policies, travel and other areas of administration
- Prepare monthly Grant Budget/Actual Reports with variance analysis and Budget burn rates for review by Finance Manager and final approval by the Finance Director
- Supervise program budgets follow up, including Grant budget using relevant reports to identify relevant / expected implementation discrepancies
- Maintenance of the general ledger of the accounting software – SAGE 300 (ACCPAC) while ensuring monthly reconciliation of all ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Coordinate and prepare bank reconciliation statements for all across Regional and State Offices including Head office;
- Coordinate and supervise the financial activities of sub-recipients of The Global Fund grants
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor and Finance Director
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Director, Human Resources through this email address: [email protected]
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.