The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, care, and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at the national, state, and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to provide quality health services, capacity building, and research in West Africa and beyond.
To further uphold our commitment to providing healthcare & research, IHVN is seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
|Position||Senior Grants & Contracts Officer|
|Reports to:||Grants & Contracts Manager|
|Location:||Central Office, Abuja|
Opening Date: 18/08/2023
Closing Date: 01/09/2023
The Grants Specialist will work in line with the Grants and Contracts Manager to support the institute and staff in the securing and management of corporate and government grants. Will also assist in the identification and writing of grant proposals that support and reflect institutional priorities, researching and disseminating grant opportunities.
- Contribute to the management of the full award cycle for grants and contracts, including solicitation, review, execution, implementation management, monitoring, communication with recipients, and closeout.
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of grant and contract distribution and activities under the projects.
- Participate in the development of grant and contract Scopes of Work together with funder representatives.
- Ensure full compliance with funder policies, best practices, and procedures relating to contracts and grant development, awards, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and grant and contract close-out.
- Assist in the development of grant and contract agreements , development of responses to sub-award documents such as RFPs/RFAs, , and evaluation and selection process.
- Attend to the external auditors’ requests in respect of Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) with our funding partners and Letters Of agreement with our implementing partners.
- Prepare Budget and budget narratives for submissions for Grant proposals.
- Post-award responsibilities which include a review of all grants and contract sub-awards/ subcontracts including the scope of work, budget, and modifications, , and extensions.
- Maintain the documentation and reporting in accordance with funder guidelines.
- Regularly review to identify issues and risks related to project activity implementation and document for appropriate action.
- Conduct pre-award reviews of possible grantee organizations, in addition to periodic monitoring reviews during implementation and at close-out.
- Builds the capacity of the assistant(s).
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Banking.
- Computer literacy-strong Microsoft Excel and MS Word skills. Microsoft Access skills will be an advantage and other Financial software packages
- Possession of a postgraduate degree such as MBA (Finance & Management) or professional certification such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Experience, skills, and competencies
- At least seven (7) years of working experience, including not less than four years of Grants and Contracts Management in a Non-Governmental organization.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proactive and deliver quality work on time.
- Be willing and able to work effectively in a team.
- Must have evidence of completion of NYSC
Equal employment opportunity statement
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
All applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- This advert closes 14 days from the date of this publication, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.