||The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) was established in 2004 as a local organization to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in Nigeria through the development of infrastructure for treatment, care, prevention, and support for people living with and those affected by HIV/AIDS but has now expanded its services to other infectious diseases of TB and malaria, including cancers. IHVN is structured to develop and maintain linkages with local and international organizations in collaborative ways that support the Government of Nigeria’s health sector strategic plans. IHVN key technical and funding partners are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- Procurement of Laboratory Reagents, Consumables and Drugs
|Scope of Bid
||Bidders are invited to submit a Bid for the goods and/or services specified above: Schedule of Requirements, in accordance with this bid.
|Interpretation of the Bid
- This RFB is an invitation to treat and shall not be construed as an offer capable of being accepted or as creating any contractual, other legal or restitutionary rights.
- This RFB is conducted in accordance with the applicable provisions of IHVN Procurement Manual (latest version of which can be accessed at: www.ihvnigeria.org and other relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions that are referred to in the Procurement Manual.
- The Bid, as well as all correspondence and documents relating to the Bid shall be written in the English language, unless specified otherwise in the bid advert. Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by the Bidder may be in another language provided they are accompanied by an accurate translation of the relevant passages into the English language, in which case, for purposes of interpretation of the Bid, such translation shall govern.
- The Bidder shall bear all costs of translation to the governing language and all risks of the accuracy of such translation.
||Bidders may be a private, public or government-owned legal entity or any association with legal capacity to enter into a binding Contract with IHVN.
A Bidder, and all parties constituting the bidder, may have the nationality of any country with the exception of the nationalities, if any, listed in United State Government Debarment List. A Bidder shall be deemed to have the nationality of a country if the Bidder is a citizen or is constituted, incorporated, or registered and operates in conformity with the provisions of the laws of that country.
A Bidder shall not have a conflict of interest. A bidder shall be considered to have a conflict of interest if:
- A Bidder has a close business or family relationship with a IHVN personnel who: (i) are directly or indirectly involved in the preparation of the bidding documents or specifications of the contract, and/or the bid evaluation process of such contract; or (ii) would be involved in the implementation or supervision of such contract;
- A Bidder is associated, or has been associated in the past, directly or indirectly, with a firm or any of its affiliates which have been engaged by IHVN to provide consulting services for the preparation of the design, specifications, and other documents to be used for the procurement of the goods, services or works required in the present procurement process;
- A Bidder has an interest in other bidders, including when they have common ownership and/or management. Bidders shall not submit more than one bid, except for alternative offers, if permitted. This will result in the disqualification of all bids in which the Bidder is involved. This includes situations where a firm is the Bidder in one bid and a sub-contractor on another; however, this does not limit the inclusion of a firm as a sub-contractor in more than one bid.
Bidders must disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest in the Bid Submission and they shall be deemed ineligible for this procurement process unless such conflict of interest is resolved in a manner acceptable to IHVN. Failure to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest may lead to the Bidder being sanctioned.
A Bidder shall not be eligible to submit a quotation if and when at the time of quotation submission, the Bidder:
- Is included in any other Ineligibility List from a IHVN partner and if so listed in United State Government Debarment List.
- Is currently suspended from doing business with IHVN and removed from its vendor database(s), for reasons other than engaging in proscribed practices as defined in the IHVN Procurement Policy.
Clarification of the Bid
|Bidders may request clarification in relation to the RFB by submitting a written request to the contact stated in the Bid advert, until the time stated as deadline on the RFB. Explanations or interpretations provided by personnel other than the named contact person will not be considered binding or official.
||The bid shall be made in Naira. If applicable, for comparison and evaluation purposes, IHVN will convert the quotations into USD at the official IHVN rate of exchange in force at the time of the deadline for Bid Submission.
IHVN reserves the right not to reject any bid submitted in a currency other than the mandatory bidding currency. IHVN may accept bid submitted in another currency than stated above if the Bidder confirms during clarification of quotations in writing that it will accept a Contract issued in the mandatory bid currency and that for conversion the official IHVN operational rate of exchange of the day of RFB deadline as stated in Section I: RFB Particulars shall apply. Regardless of the currency of quotations received, the Contract will always be issued and subsequent payments will be made in the mandatory bidding currency above.
Rates in bids shall be fixed. Bids with adjustable rates shall be disqualified.
||Contract sum shall be subject to deduction of 5% withholding tax
||IHVN will ordinarily effect payment within 2 to 3 weeks after receipt of the goods/services and on submission of payment documentation.
||IHVN may conduct an audit of the contract awarded to determine its completeness, efficacy as well as the performance of the supplier which will be used as a basis for the engagement of the vendors for future procurements.
- Ability to meet delivery targets within IHVN’s specified time period.
||Any Bidder that believes to have been unjustly treated in connection with this RFB process or any Contract that may be awarded as a result of such RFB process may submit a complaint to IHVN Management through postal service using the address provided on IHVN website www.ihvnigeria.org
|Responsiveness of Bid
||IHVN’s determination of a Bid’s responsiveness will be based on the contents of the Bid itself.
A substantially responsive Bid is one that conforms to all the terms, conditions, and specifications of the bid advert without material deviation, reservation, or omission.
If a Bid is not substantially responsive, it shall be rejected by IHVN and may not subsequently be made responsive by the Bidder by correction of the material deviation, reservation, or omission.
|Evaluation of Bid
||The evaluation team shall review and evaluate the Bids on the basis of their responsiveness to the Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specifications and other documentation provided, applying the procedure indicated in the bid advert. Absolutely no changes may be made by IHVN in the criteria after all Bids have been received.
IHVN reserves the right to undertake a post-qualification exercise, aimed at determining, to its satisfaction the validity of the information provided by the Bidder. Such post-qualification shall be fully documented and, among those that may be listed in the bid advert, may include, but need not be limited to, all or any combination of the following : (a)Verification of accuracy, correctness and authenticity of the information provided by the bidder on the legal, technical and financial documents submitted; (b)Validation of extent of compliance to the IHVN requirements and evaluation criteria based on what has so far been found by the evaluation team; (c)Inquiry and reference checking with Government entities with jurisdiction on the bidder, or any other entity that may have done business with the bidder; (d)Inquiry and reference checking with other previous clients on the quality of performance on on-going or previous contracts completed; (e)Physical inspection of the bidder’s plant, factory, branches or other places where business transpires, with or without notice to the bidder; (f)Testing and sampling of completed goods similar to the requirements of IHVN, where available; and (g)Other means that IHVN may deem appropriate, at any stage within the selection process, prior to awarding the contract.
The Bidder shall possess the necessary professional and technical qualifications and competence, financial resources, production capability with equipment and other physical facilities, including after-sales service where appropriate, managerial capability, specific experience, reputation, and the personnel to perform the contract.
|To qualify for a multiple number of lots in a package for which Bids are invited in the Invitation for Bids, The Bidder shall demonstrate having resources and experience sufficient to meet the aggregate of the qualifying criteria for the individual lots
- a minimum number of years of overall experience in the supply of goods and related services;
- a minimum production capacity or availability of equipment; and in case of a Bidder offering to supply goods which the Bidder did not manufacture or otherwise produce, the Bidder has been duly authorized by the goods’ Manufacturer or producer to supply the goods.
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of supply of similar goods of value
||Prior to expiration of the period of Bid validity, IHVN shall award the contract to the qualified and eligible Bidder that is found to be responsive to the requirements of the Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specification, and has offered the lowest price or the most reasonable price.
|Bank Guarantee for Advanced Payment
||All contractor shall produce a banker’s guarantee or insurance bond prior to request for advance payment from the sum of N2.5m and above
|Supplier Code of Conduct
||IHVN is committed to working in partnership with our suppliers to realize the full value of our relationships and to positively contribute to our stakeholder communities and the environment. Therefore, the following conducts are expected from our suppliers:
- In keeping with our commitment to exercising appropriate standards of professionalism and ethical conduct in all business activities, IHVN will not tolerate bribery or corruption in any form, or any breach of its Anti-Bribery Policy.
- Suppliers are expected to maintain accurate records of their activities and performance that clearly demonstrate compliance with all applicable standards, regulations and IHVN requirements.
- Suppliers must disclose any personal relationships, economic interest or other ties to their business held by an employee or contractor with IHVN.
- Suppliers shall provide IHVN with high-quality products and services that meet all applicable quality and demonstrate that they have robust Standard Organization of Nigeria requirements in place. We expect suppliers to immediately report to IHVN of any concerns about product safety.
- Suppliers shall take appropriate measures to secure and protect all confidential information related to its relationship with IHVN and use it only for the purpose authorized under contractual agreement. This obligation shall remain in force regardless of the status of the business relationship.
- Suppliers to IHVN shall carry out operations with care for the environment and at a minimum will comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Suppliers shall also comply with any additional category specific requirements regarding the goods or services provided to IHVN, for example our requirements in respect of specification.
Instructions to Bidding/Requirements
- All bids must be in ink or type written; submission in pencil will not be accepted.
- All enquiries regarding the proposed application for the above should be addressed to the Deputy Director Procurement/HOD SCM of IHV-Nigeria.
- Bids must be properly sealed.
- Bidders not registered with IHVN must include company profile.
- Bidders not registered with IHVN must include copies of tax clearance certificates for the past three years.
- All bids must provide evidence of at least two similar Jobs made in the past for IHVN/other organizations etc.
- Bidders not registered with IHVN must provide proof of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Bidders must show proof of DUNS certification or the bid will be disqualified
- Bids should be submitted to the head office on or before the date below specified as deadline.
- Bids will be opened at the expiration of the bid advert.
- Any quote with percentage/calculation error will be disqualified at the tender meeting.
- All bidders must indicate their bid validity period.
- As time is of the essence, delivery of goods shall be within 6 to 8 weeks from the date of receipt of L.P.O by contractor.
- Bids which must reach us within Fifteen (15) working days from the date of this publication should have the title of the BID written on the “Top Left Hand Corner” of the envelope.
- All interested vendors can pick up the BID detailed Specifications at the front desk.
|Bid Start Date/ Time
||22/06/2020 8:00 am
|Bid Deadline Date/ Time
||10/07/2020 2:00 pm
||The Deputy Director Procurement/HOD SCM
Supply Chain Management Department
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Pent House, Maina Court
Plot 252, Herbert Macaulay Way
Central Business District
P.O. Box 9396, Garki, Abuja-NIGERIA
Tel: +234 (0) 9 4610342, 4610341, Fax: +234 Ext. 4025